ViPC Club Defect and Workmanship Warranty
Note: This warranty is for ViPC Club Inc. manufactured new computers only. For all other items, please refer to that manufacturer’s warranty. ViPC Club used computers come with a 30-day repair or replace warranty.
This warranty does NOT cover any computer or computer-related item not manufactured by the ViPC Club in Pinellas County, Florida.
ViPC Club-manufactured new computers come with a limited 1-year parts and labor warranty. This covers all parts of the computer that have a manufacturing defect for a period of 1 year, including the labor to replace those arts. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply (see below). This is an on-site warranty only when the repair permits. If the computer needs to be taken back to our shop for repair, you will be provided with a loaner machine (if available) if you desire. On-Site and pickup services are limited to Pinellas County only.
ViPC Club warrants that computers manufactured by ViPC Club are free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the 1-year warranty period.
The warranty period commences on the date of delivery. This warranty extends only to the original owner and is not transferable.
For warranty service, customers may call ViPC Club at 727-418-2019 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This 1-year limited warranty does not cover the following:
• Any problems with software beyond the telephone and email support.
• Any problems with or caused by software that has been added (that did not come with the system).
• Any problems caused by virus or spyware infections.
• Any problems with or caused by hardware that has been added (that did not come with the system).
• Any files or data that have been deleted or lost by any means.
• Any other equipment that comes with a manufactures warranty.
• Any consumables.
The warranty does not include liability for data loss due to defective hardware.
Data backup is the responsibility of the user and you should ensure your
data is backed up at all times.
ViPC Club shall not be liable for failure to repair the Equipment when such failure is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, equipment located outside our normal service area, acts of God including electrical damage, acts of civil and military authority, strike, flood, epidemics, war, riots, delays in transportation, and inability due to causes beyond its reasonable control to obtain necessary labor, materials, or spare parts. Computer equipment Owner shall provide adequate working space including heat, light, ventilation, electrical current and outlets for the use of the field engineer when on-site support is necessary. These facilities will be within a reasonable proximity of the Equipment and shall be provided to the field engineer at no charge. If ViPC Club considers, at its sole discretion, that it cannot provide the necessary maintenance to the Equipment on-site, it may instruct that the Equipment be returned to the ViPC Club repair facility for repair.
The following services are specifically excluded from coverage under this Warranty, and if such services are performed, shall be charged (labor, parts, and travel related expenses) to you at ViPC Club’s standard prices and hourly rates:
• Maintenance of accessories, attachments, or other devices not under warranty by ViPC Club. This includes accessories and add-ons purchased from ViPC Club that have a manufacturer’s warranty.
• Owner’s requested specifications changes or services connected with relocation of the Equipment.
• Software training, upgrades and standard usage.
• Preventive maintenance, routine cleaning, or relocation.
• The repair and replacement of consumables such as but not limited to: CDs and DVDs, magnetic diskettes, tapes, batteries, cartridges, ribbons, print heads, toner cartridges, drums, and developer units.
• Services performed outside ViPC Club’s normal hours.
• Inspection or testing by ViPC Club resulting in “no problem found.” (ViPC Club may charge you for this service.)
• Repair, maintenance, and adjustment to the Equipment for reasons other than ordinary wear and tear, including, but not limited to, your or other user negligence, neglect, misuse (including faulty installation, repair, or maintenance by parties other than ViPC Club or it’s representatives), abuse, misapplication, accident, or modification without ViPC Club’s prior written approval, use of supplies or software which are defective or do not meet ViPC Club’s specifications, use with other devices not covered under this Warranty, improper environment (including lack of proper temperature or humidity control), unusual physical or electrical stress or interference, failure or fluctuation of electrical power, air conditioning, or sprinkler system, lightning, static electricity, fire storm, relocation or reinstallation of the Equipment by anyone other than ViPC Club or it’s representative, vandalism, water damage, other casualty beyond the control of ViPC Club or it’s representative, acts of God, or damage ordinarily covered by insurance.
• Service necessary to comply with requirements or regulations of any governmental body or agency arising after this Agreement, or if the serial numbers or other means of identification of the Equipment have been tampered with or removed.
ViPC Club shall not be required to perform maintenance service to Equipment if attachments to or alterations of such Equipment makes such maintenance impractical or a safety hazard.
Software administration (adding users, email accounts, etc) and tuning (writing script files, cleaning, etc) are not covered by this agreement, and will be billed at the current hourly rate when required.
ViPC Club, at their sole discretion, may replace the Equipment in whole or in part with comparable equipment and may use remanufactured and refurbished parts and modules in performing service. Replacement parts and modules shall become your property; the replaced parts shall become the property of ViPC Club and shall be returned to ViPC Club at Owner’s expense.
ViPC Club may only offer refunds within the first 14 days at its own discretion.
Any replaced parts are warranted for the remainder of the time left on the original Equipment warranty.
VIPC CLUB’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO KEEPING THE EQUIPMENT IN GOOD WORKING ORDER. YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT VIPC CLUB SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGESVIPC CLUB SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY A DELAY IN THE FURNISHING OF MAINTENANCE SERVICES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EVEN WHEN INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGE.
All work shall be completed in a workmanship like manner and in compliance with all building codes and other applicable laws.
To the extent required by law, all work shall be performed by individuals duly licensed and authorized by law to perform said work.
ViPC Club may, at its discretion, engage subcontractors to perform work hereunder, provided ViPC Club shall fully pay said subcontractor and in all instances remain responsible for the proper completion of this Warranty.
In the event Owner shall fail to pay any payment due, ViPC Club may cease work without breach pending payment or resolution of any dispute.